2017 was an incredible year for real estate in the Vail Valley. Our two Shops, in Vail Village and Beaver Creek Village, had a record year for sales volume.
According to Land title Guarantee Company in Vail:
Eagle County real estate experienced a big year in 2017 in terms of dollar volume – the county hit $2.27B in total volume over 2,150 transactions. This reflects the highest dollar volume year since 2007.
The 2017 Eagle County look at the numbers:
- $2,272,442,571 - Total real estate dollar volume - highest since 2007. Dollar volume in 2007 was $2.9B.
- 2,150 - Total number of sales - the most since 2007. 2005 had the most transactions in any given year with 4,023.
- 154 - Total number of commercial transactions totaling $318,847,475.
- $1,066,076 - Overall average sales price of Eagle County real estate
- 74% - Percent of transactions under $1M
- $145,500,000 – Eagle County’s largest sale - Beaver Creek Hotel & Conference Center
- $28,700,000 - Highest priced residential home sold in 2017
- 45 - Number of residential sales over $5M sold in 2017, the highest since 2008 when there were 71 residential sales.
- 15% - Increase in the average sales price of multi-family homes throughout Eagle County from 2016 to 2017 ($899,799)
- 194 - Number of vacant residential lots sold in 2017, the most since 2007 with 240 sales.
- $390,581 - Average price for a residential vacant lot - up 43% from 2016.
- 57% - Total percent of local buyers in Eagle County for 2017.
- 587 - Number of out of state residential buyers accounting for 27% of all residential sales.
- 122 - Number of buyers from Texas, totaling 21% of all out of state sales; followed by Florida with 89 and California with 40.
- 160 - Number of new residential sales; totaling $197M in total dollar volume